Sunday 9 February 2014

Day to Night: H&M Trousers

H&M's trousers are always a go-to for me when I can't be bothered to think about an outfit too much. They're always affordable, usually true to size and look good. I bought these black spotted jeans a few days ago on my lunch break and already love them. I've already got a similar monochrome pair with a different pattern that I've worn so much that I know I'm going to get a lot of wear out of these ones too, and with a price tag of £12.99, they're just asking to be snapped up.

 Khaki Jacket- Charity Shop    Basic Grey T-Shirt- American Apparel    Black Studded Bag- Ebay    Patent Boots- River Island

Yesterday morning I went for a little shopping trip with my Mum in the town center to get some essentials (like L'Oreal's Micellar Water that I've wanted to try for a while!) along with a quick browse of a few charity shops to see if anything new had been added since my last visit.

Because grey is usually my colour of choice in an everyday outfit, I paired these trousers with a simple v-necked T-shirt from American Apparel, along with a khaki military shirt from a charity shop as a jacket. I also wore my favourite black patent chelsea boots from River Island that seem to go with everything. I absolutely love this bag I got a while ago from Ebay, it looks a lot more expensive than the £13 I paid for it! Whenever I go on Ebay I always buy from sellers in China because although things sometimes take a while to be delivered, the price and quality is always brilliant.


Daisy Ring- Topshop    Turquoise Ring- Brandy Melville    Pinky Ring- Given to me by my Mum    Nail Varnish- Make Him Mine by OPI

I thought it would be a good idea to make a blog post about items of clothing that you could wear during the day and night by switching up accessories to create a completely different look; which would come in useful if you ever had a busy day with not enough time to go home and change, or carry loads of clothes with you. Because I've only just bought these trousers I thought they would make a good focus for this post and would give me a chance to wear them as well as talk about something that is still available to purchase.

Lace Crop top- Charity Shop    Gold Metallic Clutch- New Look    Boots- Primark    Watch- Michael Kors

I did end up curling my hair after this picture was taken, but because I wanted to take the photo in natural daylight I took this earlier in the day. I think these are perfect statement trousers and the pattern means that I could just keep the rest of my outfit simple. The lace crop top I'm wearing is probably the best thing I've ever found in a charity shop and I think I'm going to make a separate post on my favourite charity shop items at some point. The clutch was a bargain too, I got it from New Look in their post-Christmas sale for £3, which is brilliant considering it's still on the asos website for full price! I'm also happy with my Primark boots, because I twisted my ankle slightly a few days ago I didn't want to risk hurting it even more with heels so I thought these heeled boots would be a good alternative- a perfect pairing of height and comfort! My watch is also a favourite, I got it for my 18th birthday from my parents- it also didn't hurt that we bought it with my friend Elly who had a 30% work discount!

The only downside to these jeans is that they do tend to fall down slightly which leads to some awkward situations in the middle of town as I try to pull them up, but that's not a huge negative. If you're considering getting these I would highly recommend trying them on as they are 'super skinny' so I ended up having to get a size up from the size I usually am in their jeans. Overall these are a brilliant pair of trousers and are easy to wear from day to night, I'm very happy with this purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment